Do you have a great resource that you use to promote MSBA books? Please share it, and we'll add it here. Send your links and files by 'Contact Us' on Home page to email the webmaster. Files must be less than 2 MB.
- MSBA_2016-17_picture_reading_log.pdf for students to print and track 2016-2017 reading list. Thumbnail images of the books are included. Created by MSBA member and teacher at Carrie Ricker School in RSU4, Nicole Levesque..
Symbaloo linking to book trailers for many of this years' nominated books, also created by MSBA member and Willard School librarian, Julie Williams.
- MSBA Kahoot game. To play a Kahoot, launch it on a device using your free account at: create.kahoot.it, select Public Kahoots from the top menu bar and enter Maine Student Book Award into the search bar. Players go to https://kahoot.it/#/ and enter in the game pin that is on the launch screen and then make up a name for themselves or their team. The questions show up on the main screen along with the answer choices. Participants choose their response on their device. Points are awarded for correct answers and for how quickly they respond.
- Overdrive available titles.pdf. A list of the books on the current list which are available for download through Maine InfoNet as eBooks or audiobooks.
2016-2017_Reading_Chart - Print, cut, and tape or glue these 6 pages together for a wall chart. This chart has space for 15 students. If you want to make it larger, print pages 2, 4 & 6 a second time for more spaces. It was made with the intention to use those shiny star stickers, but you could easily use colored pencils or markers to draw in stars instead.
And a blank chart as a Word.doc if you want to make your own. Alison Goodwin at Edmunds Consolidated found this a useful tool to make upcoming Award List bulletin board. MSBAchart.doc
- My_Review.pdf Sue Pennell, a 5th grade teacher at Eric Knowlton School in Berwick, is sharing her Review Form. Students have to fill these out after they have read a MSBA book. There are giant Post Its around the school and the reviews are displayed beneath the name of the book. The student's name is then added to our huge "Bull's Eye" that indicates where they are in regards to reading all of the nominated books. Our students have read A LOT this year!
- MSBA response sheet.pdf - Four short Review Forms per page.